- Property Disputes
- Mediation and Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Financial Agreements including Pre-and Post-Nuptial or Cohabitation Agreements
- De facto Relationships
- Spousal and Partner Maintenance
- Adult Child Maintenance
- Child Support
- Care of Children
- Consent Applications
- Enforcement of Agreements & Orders
Both the Commonwealth and State Parliaments have passed laws governing the support parents must pay towards children until they turn 18.
In some circumstances, the amount which is determined under these laws may not be adequate because of:
- where a child is being educated and the associated costs;
- whether the child usually takes part in expensive extracurricular activities;
- a parent having significant assets but modest income;
- a parent’s taxable income not being a true reflection of the income that they earn or control.
In these circumstances, we can assist in either negotiating an agreement which changes the amount of the child support to be paid, with drafting the relevant agreement or, if an agreement cannot be reached, implementing the necessary action to increase the amount of child support which should be paid.